Important to know before booking a newborn session
- All sessions take place at my home studio in Garden Grove.
When to Book a Newborn Session:
- For this style of posed newborn photography baby has to be 7-14 days, but ideally 7-10 days. Since this session has to take place so soon after baby's birth, it needs to be booked in advance, if possible during 2nd or beginning or 3rd trimester. Occasionally I do have last minute appointments, but I can't guarantee to have an opening with short notice.
- If I have availability around the time baby is due, we'd tentatively schedule for the week after the due date, but we'd set an exact date and time after baby's arrival. A deposit of $225 is due at booking (part of the total).
The Newborn Session:
- These sessions last 2-4 hours and the flow of the session depends on baby's disposition at the session and willingness to sleep. It's important for the baby to be calm and hopefully in a deep sleep during the session and I provide information to help prepare baby for this special day.
- Babies are posed on a soft flat soft surface covered by various colored and textured fabrics and in/on props (crates, buckets, bowls). Parents are asked to fill out a questionnaire in advance so the session is planned in advance according to their preferences.
- At the beginning of the session baby has to be well fed and "burped" and I ask for a smoothie type pacifier. Extra milk in a bottle on hand is always a plus and helps with keeping baby settled.
- I provide all the necessary props, wraps and accessories and I prefer to work with my items since I know how they photograph and how they fit the baby.
- The diaper is off for most of the session so I expect accidents when baby is not swaddled, but not to worry, I'm used to it and cleaning is part of the process! I usually use nipple pads under their bum or waterproof mats to avoid big messes.
- The studio is always very warm for baby to be comfortable when undressed, but everyone else will be hot so parents should dress accordingly.
- 5-7 days after the session you will have access to an ordering gallery with 25-30 images to choose your favorite 10 from. These images will be "softly edited" and are watermarked as they are intended for ordering purposes only (they are NOT downloadable only temporarily uploaded)
- After you make your selection the images will be edited in detail.
- 5-7 days after the purchase I will upload the selected images in a final gallery with high resolution edited downloadable digitals.