Important to know before booking a newborn session
- All sessions take place at my home studio in Garden Grove.
When to Book a Newborn Session:
- For this style of posed newborn photography baby has to be 7-14 days, but ideally 7-10 days. Since this session has to take place so soon after baby's birth, it needs to be booked in advance, if possible during 2nd or beginning or 3rd trimester. Occasionally I do have last minute appointments, but I can't guarantee to have an opening with short notice.
- If I have availability around the time baby is due, we'd tentatively schedule for the week after the due date, but we'd set an exact date and time after baby's arrival. A deposit of $225 is due at booking (part of the total).
The Newborn Session:
- These sessions last 2-4 hours and the flow of the session depends on baby's disposition at the session and willingness to sleep. It's important for the baby to be calm and hopefully in a deep sleep during the session and I provide information to help prepare baby for this special day.
- Babies are posed on a soft flat soft surface covered by various colored and textured fabrics and in/on props (crates, buckets, bowls). Parents are asked to fill out a questionnaire in advance so the session is planned in advance according to their preferences.
- At the beginning of the session baby has to be well fed and "burped" and I ask for a smoothie type pacifier. Extra milk in a bottle on hand is always a plus and helps with keeping baby settled.
- I provide all the necessary props, wraps and accessories and I prefer to work with my items since I know how they photograph and how they fit the baby.
- The diaper is off for most of the session so I expect accidents when baby is not swaddled, but not to worry, I'm used to it and cleaning is part of the process! I usually use nipple pads under their bum or waterproof mats to avoid big messes.
- The studio is always very warm for baby to be comfortable when undressed, but everyone else will be hot so parents should dress accordingly.
- 5-7 days after the session you will have access to an ordering gallery with 60-80 images to choose from (depending on the Collection you'll choose). These images will be "softly edited" and are watermarked as they are intended for ordering purposes only.
- After you make your selection and share your favorite images with me, I will edit them in detail.
- 5-7 days after the purchase I will upload the final gallery with the high resolution downloadable edited images chosen and purchased by the client.